Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dine and Play on Disney Cruise Line

I wanted to share my experience with Disney Cruise Line's Dine and Play program.  I have heard a number of times from the 'extperts' that if you are traveling with young children, then you should really try to get early seating.  I understand the logic - your children will be tired and dinner is a long process on the ships, but I have to disagree that early dining is the best way to go with young children because of the Dine and Play program. 

We have cruised on Disney for six trips and all have been with infants or preschool age children.  Five of those cruises I took the advice and made sure we had early seating.  On our last cruise we decided to try something new and booked for second seating and it was a pleasant surprise!  We were able to go to the earlier shows, which my children LOVED, and when it came time for dinner we sat down and ordered.  My children's food came out first and they ate at the pace they normally do - hurry up so I can play more.  When we had early seating we found dinner time to take too long for the children.  They were ready to leave before the main course and staying for dessert was a real challenge.  With the later seating about 45 minutes into dinner cast members from the children's areas come into the dining room.  My kids had their eyes on the door by this time!  As soon as they show up the children are drawn to them.  They sign your child into the kids area and then off they go to play while we get to enjoy the rest of our meal - with adult conversation and dessert!!!!  After dinner you can either go out or get your children in the club area.  I would highly recommend this option for anyone with children who, although they enjoy eating, enjoy playing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment